Subject: Re: Archos on CeBit 2003
From: Dave Jones (
Date: 2003-03-18

Should we tell the City of Dusseldorf about Rockbox and the record timer
patch? Might save them some serious money.

(And of course, would save them from reliance on the Archos firmware,
which, as we know, is not so stable for long term recording.)

At 11:55 AM 3/18/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello Daniel, Hello Rockboxers,
> > And what did he say when you showed him your unit running the bounce demo?
>unfortunately i have compiled my Recoder without Demos and Games.
>So I could only demonstrate the 8MB Mod and the different Fonts.
>But the Sales Manager was very interested.
>They are installing Jukeboxes in the Police Cars of the City of
>Düsseldorf. So the jukebox records all the Speech in the car over one
>Week. Archos has patched the own firmware to generate a new file every
>hour. The are still in the beta Testing phase, but they will sell this
>to all Police Cars in the City of Düsseldorf, when it works fine.
> Dario

Dave Jones, Senior Project Consultant
HFP Acoustical Consultants Inc.
6001 Savoy Dr., Suite 115