Subject: Re: [ rockbox-Bugs-676339 ] fm rec : battery display indicates incorrect values
From: Mike Holden (
Date: 2003-03-18 said:
> Bugs item #676339, was opened at 2003-01-28 21:47
> You can respond by visiting:
> Category: None
> Group: daily build/CVS
> Date: 2003-03-18 15:36
> Message:
> Logged In: YES
> user_id=1157
> Is this still a problem?

I think the basic battery code is working correctly now on the FM.

There are still a couple of minor inconsistencies, however. We are able
to detect that we are charging (by examining the input power > 4 (ish!)
volts), but we don't display the appropriate icons (animated battery on
the status line, appropriate text in the battery debug screen).

I submitted a patch to this mailing list a while ago, but it needs
tidying up a bit. I only really posted it in response to someone who was
asking about those specific bits, and I didn't intend it as a proper fix
(hence didn't post to patch or bug lists).

The code is a bit messy in that area, with nested #ifdefs for battery
codes. I was thinking of adding an additional #define HAVE_BATTERY_SENSE
which will be set for FM and recorder, and unset for player, which should
neaten up some of the code - 2 branches of code instead of 3, and I was
also going to replace the global variable charger_enabled with a global
function which returns the same data. That way we put the messy #ifdef
stuff in powermgmt.c once, instead of in several places throughout the
other modules.

I hope to revisit this soon, and produce a patch.

Mike Holden