Subject: Re: another 8MB upgrade success story
From: Daniel Stenberg (
Date: 2003-03-19

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 wrote:

> And I'm writing this to encourage 8MB support like RAM size autodetect
> within rockbox

Autodetecting will make a lot of problems and require more code. I think we
can go with special 8MB-versions until someone proves me wrong.

> or at least 8MB variants of the daily builds.

I started this a bit today by adding a "Recorder Normal 8MB" build to the CVS
compile status table on the daily build page.

As soon as Björn has committed his local changes to daily.t (hint hint), we
can add a link and make "bleeding edge" versions available.

 Daniel Stenberg -- --