Subject: Re: another 8MB upgrade success story
From: TP Diffenbach (
Date: 2003-03-19

It's a persuasive FAQ.

But (for example) I'm thinking I have no directories approaching 400 files. My biggest directory contains 89, and my average directory probably 15.

If I could save the additional bytes on the directory listing, I could read more bytes per disk spin-up, reducing disk usage and increasing my battery life.

Quoting Daniel Stenberg <>:

> On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, TP Diffenbach wrote:
> > What's the objection dynamic allocation? Runtime cost? Size of
> the code
> > required to support it?
> The main objection is that we don't gain enough.
> As outlined in this FAQ entry:
> --
> Daniel Stenberg -- --

Archos FM needs a Rockbox!