Subject: RE: another 8MB upgrade success story
From: Leif Sawyer (
Date: 2003-03-19

TP Diffenbach writes:
> It's a persuasive FAQ.
> But (for example) I'm thinking I have no directories
> approaching 400 files. My biggest directory contains 89, and
> my average directory probably 15.

Whereas my archos is packed with 9862 MP3's, and still about 11G
to spare..

I could really use that 8M upgrade, and knowing that the code
"just knew" how to deal with that would make my life simpler.
(Of course, i still have to get the upgrade.. :-( )

It sounds like the first thing is just to outline exactly what
buffer changes need to take place, reserve a few bytes in memory
for 'hardcoding' these values, then adjusting them if we find
more than 2M. ( X << 4 , or whatever the local equivalent is to
quickly multiply by 4, as that's the difference..)

Would that be a reasonable approach?

  • application/x-pkcs7-signature attachment: smime.p7s