Subject: Re[2]: another 8MB upgrade success story
From: Uwe Freese (mail_at_uwe-freese.de)
Date: 2003-03-19

Hello TP,

TP Diffenbach wrote on Wednesday, March 19, 2003, 10:42:34 PM:

TD> But (for example) I'm thinking I have no directories approaching
TD> 400 files. My biggest directory contains 89, and my average
TD> directory probably 15. If I could save the additional bytes on the
TD> directory listing, I could read more bytes per disk spin-up,
TD> reducing disk usage and increasing my battery life.

With a 2 MB AJB, you have 1,7 MB free memory for MP3 buffering. The
8MB-modified Jukebox has 7,7 MB for buffering and the gain in battery
runtime is 15-30%.

So if you add dynamic memory allocation so that you can use 1,8 MB
with a 2MB AJB instead, I think it will give you another percent
running time or so - alsolutely not worth implementing dynamic memory
management IMHO.

Bye, Uwe.