Subject: Re: 'New cool feature' request :)

Re: 'New cool feature' request :)

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 23:07:37 -0000 (GMT)

Nix said:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, lee donaghy moaned:
>> the archos or rockbox code becomes dormant and the isd
>> chips in the archos take over until the usb is
>> disconnected so the archos wouldn't be able to do
>> anything until the usb is disconnected.
>>
>> i may be wrong but i how i understand it works.
>
> The presence of code that explicitly does such waiting
> (in firmware/usb.c:usb_wait_for_disconnect(), but also
> usb_tick() and parts of usb_thread()) indicates that
> you're wrong --- but I'd not be surprised to find that
> accessing the disk doesn't work.

Rockbox is not _totally_ dormant during USB activity. The recent update to
the statusbar code is evidence of that. Rockbox continues to keep the
battery status updated on-screen during USB activity, so that you can see
if your battery is going to run out, and can halt USB activity before that
happens.

There would appear to be very little we can do though, and disk access is
apparently not possible, which makes most useful things impossible!
--
Mike Holden