Subject: Re: diegest email list
From: roland (for_spam_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-03-22

> I've always found digests annoying as well.
me too.

> You can't thread messages, so conversations are difficult to follow.
that`s my experience, too.

> With a digest, to reply to an email, you either hit reply then delete
> all the stuff you don't want to quote, or you start a new mail and copy
> and paste the information you want to quote - both are a pain. Whichever
Ack.

I think "dumb" digests (i.e. which contain all of the ML traffic) aren`t
very
useful at all - but maybe some people like them, though.
Yahoo Groups Archos Mailinglist has "daily digestst subscription" as a
feature
- the user may choose what he likes.
For me, I think ML and web bases archive is enough.
A daily digest, which consolidates the postings needs moderation - and I
don`t
think someone want`s to spend time on this :)

regards
Roland