Subject: Re: Code reference?
From: TP Diffenbach (
Date: 2003-03-22

Actually, I did look in settings and I did find most of what I was loooking for. Thanks.

One question does remain: can I arbitrarily increase the size of config_block? (I understand only the first 44 bytes are saved to RTC RAM, and that's fine -- I don't need my settings there.)

One thing I did observe: settings.o is the largest .o file in Rockbox. And settings.c is full of hardcoded values. I was wondering how much object space coulkd be saved by refactoring settings.c.

Quoting Linus Nielsen Feltzing <>:

> TP Diffenbach wrote:
> > Is there any comprehensive reference for rockbox code, or any
> > "how-to"s? beyond those in rockbox/docs in CVS?
> Only the source code, I'm afraid.
> > To find out how to persist settings, can I do anything other
> than
> > skim the code?
> >
> Look in settings.c for the answers.
> /Linus