Subject: Re: Cygwin uisimulator
From: Magnus Holmgren (
Date: 2003-03-23

Henrik Backe wrote:

> For me both X11 and win32 (mingw) builds immediately
> so the makefiles are ok. Hav you installed the mingw cygwin package?

I had installed it, yes, but it after a reinstall of two packages
(gcc-mingw and mingw-runtime; do I need both, btw?) it suddenly started
to work...

That is to say, it builds. Needed some work to make it work (as I do a
player simulation). I mainly changed lcd-win32.c, adding drawdots and
drawrectangles (simplest version, just using DRAW_PIXEL and
CLEAR_PIXEL), update the display for players in lcd_update (using
lcd_buffer_copy and hardware_buffer_lcd to draw the characters needed;
copied from lcd-x11.c, btw) and removed the Sleep() call in lcd_update,
which just made things very slow.

After those changes (and maybe a few more), I have something that seems
to work decently. Now I need to figure out how to handle the LCD display
part properly; it is much too large for the current window, meaning I
see only half about the real display (the player LCD is by default
zoomed, so to speak). Maybe dropping the UI256.bmp bitmap is the way to

Magnus Holmgren