Subject: Re: Cygwin uisimulator
From: Magnus Holmgren (
Date: 2003-03-23

Henrik Backe wrote:

>>That is to say, it builds. Needed some work to make it work (as I do a
>>player simulation). I mainly changed lcd-win32.c, adding drawdots and
>>drawrectangles (simplest version, just using DRAW_PIXEL and
>>CLEAR_PIXEL), update the display for players in lcd_update (using
>>lcd_buffer_copy and hardware_buffer_lcd to draw the characters needed;
>>copied from lcd-x11.c, btw) and removed the Sleep() call in lcd_update,
>>which just made things very slow.
> Good work, submit patches. BTW thats why I prefered the X11 simulator, less
> work for me :-)

OK, I'll see what I can do later today. They will be a bit quick'n'dirty
though. :) And if I submit anything related to the simulator window
(i.e., without the recorder image, UI256.bmp), that'll be a separate
patch. Maybe it would be a good idea to make the X11 and Win32 look (and
behave, regarding command line options) more similar...

Magnus Holmgren