Subject: I've made a MSVC project for the UI simulator

I've made a MSVC project for the UI simulator

From: <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:50:36 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I'm preparing myself to tackle the UI for our car CD changer emulation, so I
had a look at the UI simulator. To my relief I found that it is prepared for
Win32 (yes, I'm a lame Windows programmer, start your flame engines), but
there was only an outdated makefile. Got it to work after fixing 2 ends, but
makefiles don't give you the full beauty of the IDE, like right-click cross
references, which I like a lot especially when working with unknown code.

I started a MSDEV project file from scratch, allowing for nice "integrated"
development. It even has custom build steps with the perl scripts and font
generation. So you'd need to have perl installed and in the path. The source
files are sorted into a tree, making it more easy to understand. For me rockbox
became a lot clearer. Two targets exists: player and recorder, no language
selection. The player is broken (some functions missing an implementation),
but the original UI sim was broken there, too. Didn't investigate in that.

Hope the project file is useful to anybody else, it can be downloaded here:
http://joerg.hohensohn.bei.t-online.de/archos/

There is also a fixed version of "onplay.c", which had some dirty statements
the MS compiler didn't like.

So long,
Joerg