Subject: Re: settings.c confuses me
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2003-03-24

TP Diffenbach wrote:
> How much code space do we use setting this up?

About 3500 bytes, as far as I can see. Again, it's all listed in the file.

> It seems we have a /lot/ of repetitive code.

Space is important, but code transparency even more so.

Think of it as abstraction: Using the config block directly in the code would result in very messy code and cementing of the config block format, since each change in the block would require changing all the source files that use the setting. By using an abstracted struct, the code that uses the settings do not need to be changed when (not if) we change the config block data layout.