Subject: Re: 'news on the rockbox front' ?
From: Mike Holden (rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net)
Date: 2003-03-25

Greg Haerr said:
>> I am tired of fumbling around trying to
>> remember what is necessary to accomplish simple tasks when I need to
> record
>> a meeting or to play an audio book I ripped from a collection of CD's
>> using MusicMatch. I know it does certain displays but it is hit or
>> miss
> in
>> toggling to them.
>
> Is the issue here that Rockbox is getting too hard to use,
> too many features hard to find, or that you just can't remember
> how to use it?
>

>> I often end up loading the orginal firmware since I know how that
>> works!
>
> I'm interested in whether the simpler features offered in the
> original firmware result in the unit being easier-to-use, or,
> whether the UI layout in Rockbox is harder, regardless
> of feature set size...?

For me, the only "hard" part is remembering some of the combo keys (e.g.
ON-PLAY, F1-DOWN etc). I have now used ON-PLAY often enough that I
remember it without referring to docs, but I hadn't "learned" the keypad
lock combo until the last day or two.

All the rest of it is simple once you get used to the F-key functionality,
which is not labelled like it was on Archos.

--
Mike Holden