Subject: Re: FM recorder and tuner

Re: FM recorder and tuner

From: Nix <nix_at_esperi.demon.co.uk>
Date: 26 Mar 2003 00:44:34 +0000

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Daniel Stenberg stipulated:
> The FM receiver hardware is totally unknown and AFAIK, Linus is the only one
> who has ever seen it (I'm talking the bare metal and circuits here).
>
> Writing a driver for it will require a serious effort...

I for one will be really really happy if this is done; the default
firmware's handling of the FM tuner is so broken as to make the FM
reception pretty much unusable in large parts of the UK. The problem is
that major radio stations (Radio 4, for instance) have clear reception
ranges *under* 0.1MHz (at least this has been true everywhere I ever
lived) --- but the default firmware tunes in 0.1MHz steps and can't be
told to move in finer increments.

A piece of stupid design surely awaiting the Rockbox touch. :)

--
#ifdef USE_ISPTS_FLAG
		} else {	/* else pty, not pts */