Subject: RE: mp3-editor?
From: Perron, Olivier (
Date: 2003-03-26

If you run Windows, check mp3DirectCut at, it's free even if it's closed
For linux I must admit I didn't really find a equivalent besides mpcut which
seems unmaintained and doesn't work with most of my mp3 files (might be
related to ID3 tags...)

And yes you'll experience a quality loss if you convert mp3>wav>cut>mp3.