Subject: RE: mp3-editor?
From: Justin Heiner (jheiner_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 2003-03-26

I'm not sure about CoolEdit, but GoldWave requires you to uncompress the MP3 into memory before editing it, so you would have to recompress it when you save it, losing some quality.

I use some cheap software called mp3surgeon. It's under $20 for registration and does the best job at cutting that I've seen. You can do waveform previews so you can cut at the correct spot, etc. Very easy to use

-Justin