Subject: Re: mp3-editor?
From: Johan Vromans (jvromans_at_squirrel.nl)
Date: 2003-03-26

"Perron, Olivier" <olivier.perron_at_mdc.nec.fr> writes:

> For linux I must admit I didn't really find a equivalent besides
> mpcut which seems unmaintained and doesn't work with most of my mp3
> files (might be related to ID3 tags...)

Depending on what you want to achieve...

I have a tool that, given a directory of mp3 files plus the associated
CDDB (or FreeDB) info, sets the ID3 tags and (optionally) renames the
files.

Another tool tries to fetch the CDDB (or FreeDB) info given a
directory of mp3 files.

All tools are written in Perl (version 5.6.1 or better) and require
some standard CPAN packages, and the id3v2 tool.

You may also check out the perl module MP3::Album on CPAN.

-- Johan