Subject: Re: volume leveling or normalizing
From: Magnus Holmgren (
Date: 2003-03-28

Cap Hamilton wrote:

> I dragged all my files into MP3Gain window, where they indeed appeared (with
> their names and paths) and then I set the 'Target "Normal" Volume' to 89 and
> click on the Track Gain icon, which begins the process. Yet, when I copy the
> newly processed files back to my Jukebox recorder, I still notice that some
> songs are louder than other songs. Any ideas? --C

Well, it isn't perfect. :) There will still be differences in the
perceived volume, but they should be much smaller now. I use album gain
myself, and I think MP3Gain is good enough - and certainly much better
than not using it at all. I can now easily listen to random songs
without having to adjust the volume between each track.

Magnus Holmgren