Subject: RE: IR remote
From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyer_at_gci.com)
Date: 2003-03-28

Joaquim writes:

> I have an SFH506 IR remote receiver chip
> http://www.supelec-rennes.fr/ren/fi/elec/docs/sfh506.htm
>
> I dismantled the jukebox and I'm trying to find a
> place to put the chip. It's 10x12x4mm, it must be
> behind a clear/shaded acrylic window, any ideas
> anyone?

Well, if the window doesn't have to be 10x12mm, the only
place where it seems like it would fit would be between
the two LED's..

you might also try a "light pipe" to keep from dremeling
the case, in which case the LCD screen area could be used,
assuming there was a good way to pipe the light around, or
even possibly the microphone hole. A few strands of fine
fiber optic might capture enough light without limiting
the auditory pickup..

  • application/x-pkcs7-signature attachment: smime.p7s