Subject: Re: high pitched chirps and eeeeps

Re: high pitched chirps and eeeeps

From: jim sunday <jimbosunday_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 02:08:54 -0600

i've noticed them also, and on two different recorders. one was louder than
the other and i didn't notice the "quiet" one until i got some better
headphones. but it's definitely there. i can tell when the unit is on and
when it is off just by listening to my earbuds without any music playing.

i'm not sure if both my units were somewhat defective, but it sounds like
there is some noise somewhere in the circuits. obviously i know little
about that type of stuff, but i am sure it is there. more noticable with
the hd powered up and spinning.

i've noticed it with daily builds, 1.4 and the archos firmware.

later