Subject: Re: harddrive cache + 8mb memory upgrade

Re: harddrive cache + 8mb memory upgrade

From: <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:18:47 +0100 (MET)

this is a good idea,
but:

- who on this list has such drive (or wants to buy one) ?
- how can the owners of such drive test, if the cache is possibly
invalidated (or not)
  when entering sleep mode.
  perhaps there is a "special" mode on that drives, which has to be set,
that
  the cache won`t get invalidated?

If such drive really exists and rockbox would support that - i would throw
out my
actual hdd and buy a now one - in a hurry :)

regards
roland

--- Weitergeleitete Nachricht / Forwarded Message ---