Subject: Re: IR remote....in the other way

Re: IR remote....in the other way

From: <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 18:53:25 +0100 (MET)

Hello Damien,
IMHO, turning Archos into a remote control is somewhat nonsense (sorry ;)
Why should one need that? A remote must be lightweigt, and it must
be "always on" - if I want to switch a device, I don`t want to have my
remote
being booted first :) For me, a remote is a device, which fells on the
floor at least
3 times a day and you put your fingers on that while eating chips - you
wouldn`t
see this happen to your archos ? ;)

> it would nevertheless be fun, especially if it can be made very easily.
yep - this maybe true - but this will be the only benefit I see so far.
Indeed - it`s nice to "fiddle around" with electronics, but I think there is
less interest
in this being a "rockbox feature"

As I see, you somewhat already mention this and just ask for technical
feasability.
Yes - I think this is possible - though it will be more difficult to
implement if
just hooking a "dumb" IR-LED to the I/O Port instead of using existing
Integrated
IR circuit.

perhaps
http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2002-07/0031.shtml