Subject: Recorder as datalogger

Recorder as datalogger

From: Hamish Seaton <activesystems_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 08:16:28 +1200

Hi

I have a friend that wants to record some data on suspension movement. He's
made a sensor using a hall effect sensor, and now needs to sort out a data
logger. Was wondering how feasible using a MP3 recorder would be.

Using the maximum sampling rate, what is the likelihood of getting some
meaningful results? I guess he's mostly interested in peak signals.
Provided he can grab the raw data, it can be post-processed later.

Is there any provision for recording uncompressed data?

Does anyone have the specs for the mic input?

thanks

Hamish