Subject: Hitachi vs Toshiba
From: Cap Hamilton (puccino55_at_msn.com)
Date: 2003-03-30

I just purchased (from Buy.com) another Recorder 20 as a gift for my sister. Unlike my Recorder 20, this new one uses a Toshiba MK2018GAS. My recorder uses a Hitachi DK23DA-20.

I noticed that the Toshiba makes much more noise (a click) than my Hitachi. Not so much more noise-- but if I hold it in my hand I can feel it slightly move and bump when it starts up, and also when it is searching the disk.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Should I be concerned? Thanks! --C