Subject: Recorder as datalogger
From: Hamish Seaton (activesystems_at_xtra.co.nz)
Date: 2003-03-30

Hi

I have a friend that wants to record some data on suspension movement. He's
made a sensor using a hall effect sensor, and now needs to sort out a data
logger. Was wondering how feasible using a MP3 recorder would be.

Using the maximum sampling rate, what is the likelihood of getting some
meaningful results? I guess he's mostly interested in peak signals.
Provided he can grab the raw data, it can be post-processed later.

Is there any provision for recording uncompressed data?

Does anyone have the specs for the mic input?

thanks

Hamish