Subject: Re: Hitachi vs Toshiba
From: planet77 (planet77_at_gmx.net)
Date: 2003-03-31

sdkfj
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Cap Hamilton
  To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se
  Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2003 9:21 PM
  Subject: Hitachi vs Toshiba

  I just purchased (from Buy.com) another Recorder 20 as a gift for my sister. Unlike my Recorder 20, this new one uses a Toshiba MK2018GAS. My recorder uses a Hitachi DK23DA-20.

  I noticed that the Toshiba makes much more noise (a click) than my Hitachi. Not so much more noise-- but if I hold it in my hand I can feel it slightly move and bump when it starts up, and also when it is searching the disk.

  Has anyone had similar experiences? Should I be concerned? Thanks! --C
  dkfj