Subject: Re: need help: just purchased a 20gig recorder
From: planet77 (
Date: 2003-03-31

----- Original Message -----
From: "Raymond Casazza" <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, March 30, 2003 6:09 PM
Subject: need help: just purchased a 20gig recorder

> I just purchased a 20 gig recorder and not sure if I am going to keep it.
> haven't downloaded Rockbox yet, but want to make sure it has this
> capability.
> using the archos firmware 1.28, I can't setup my player to order songs in
> the order that the album has. It keeps organizing alphabetically in all my
> folders. I have used MusicMatch and downloaded songs as playlists, but it
> keeps alphabetizing.
> Does ROckbox allow me to order songs automatically without setting up
> playlists. I have a Classic MP3 10gig and this allows me to do this.
> If I can't do this, I will have to return my Archos.
> Please help me, I am desperate. Thanks

I coverted an Audio CD into MP3/224 Kbps with NERO. Although in the
Directory it is sorted after the first letters, when I play it is played
correctly after e track numbers which are converted correctly, too. I know
that many people like to use LAME, I us it usually, too. But if I use NERO
with 192 or more the sound is really good. And the songs are sorted the
right way.
But please turn off the shuffle mode ;-)

Have fun