Subject: Re: Spare battery
From: Joris van den Heuvel (
Date: 2003-03-31

| Li-Ion batteries are rather dangerous and cannot be
| handled by the end user, it probably isn't Archos
| choice, battery manufacturers impose that kind of
| restrictions on their clients.
| Joaquim

This is the very reason I will never, ever, not ever if my life depended on
it, buy a unit with fixed Li-Ion batteries in them. If the things wear out,
you'll have to send it to the manufacturer to have them replaced. Bring on
the money! Cha-ching!

BTW, Li-Ion batteries are kind of explosive if not handled correctly.
Lithium (and possibly other chemical substances) that leaks from a damaged
cell is highly flammable and (possibly) poisonous.