Subject: Re: disappearing .rockbox, switchable power-saving mode
From: Owen Kalau (owenk_at_canuck.com)
Date: 2003-03-31

On my jukebox recorder 20 (IBM 40G drive), the time to change tracks is
quite noticeable, enough to be irritating. With power-saving off, it
takes 2-3 seconds to skip a track. With power-saving on, it takes 10-12
seconds or more. This is quite bothersome, especially when I am trying to
skip quickly through a directory to find the track I am looking for...I
listen to the first 5 seconds, and then skip. wait 10 seconds. listen for
5, skip. wait 10 seconds...