Subject: Re: Archos sending out refurbished units as new?
From: Chris Houghten (chris_at_houghten.com)
Date: 2003-03-31

I got mine last february and it came with a one year, so yes, they did
shorten the warranties.
90 days really should be long enough to determine that everything is working
correctly, and the only moving part is the drive which the manufacturers may
have longer warranties on them. On th eplus side, folks dont have to wait a
year to put in a bigger drive.(yah, I know how to get the sticker off, but
why if you don't have to?).

now that my warranty is over, I will eventually put in a bigger drive but 20
gig is working out for me so far.

Chris