Subject: RE: Archos sending out refurbished units as new?

RE: Archos sending out refurbished units as new?

From: Sparks <sparks_at_altphuk.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 23:41:00 +0100

On
> Behalf Of Holger Lembke
> Sent: 31 March 2003 22:09
> To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se
> Subject: RE: Archos sending out refurbished units as new?
>
> > BTW, I understand the warranty used to be (or on some products
> > still is)
> > a full year. This one only lasts for 90 days. Does anyone know if
> > they've recently shortened their warranties?
>
> How about the laws in USA?
>
> We here in Germany (standardized in EU) have 2 years warranty (called
> 'sachmangelhaftung') for almost everything new you buy. And the seller
> can't reduce it.
>
> So its no problem if the manufacturer decides to reduce it... :-)

This is the same in the UK, except the retailer is obliged to repair or
replace a faulty item up to 5 or 6 years (Can't remember exactly) after
the purchase date!
(see http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/consumers/index.htm for more
info!)

The Guarantees or warranties section is currently down for updates as I
type though, as there are some new additions as of the 1st of March I
believe.

Sparks...