Subject: RE: Archos sending out refurbished units as new?
From: Sparks (
Date: 2003-04-01

This is the same in the UK, except the retailer is obliged to repair or
replace a faulty item up to 5 or 6 years (Can't remember exactly) after
the purchase date!
(see for more

The Guarantees or warranties section is currently down for updates as I
type though, as there are some new additions as of the 1st of March I