Subject: RE: Archos sending out refurbished units as new?
From: Chris Holt (
Date: 2003-04-01

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 23:08:59 +0200, Holger Lembke wrote:
>>BTW, I understand the warranty used to be (or on some products
>>still is)
>>a full year. This one only lasts for 90 days. Does anyone know if
>>they've recently shortened their warranties?
>How about the laws in USA?
>We here in Germany (standardized in EU) have 2 years warranty (called
>'sachmangelhaftung') for almost everything new you buy. And the seller
>can't reduce it.
>So its no problem if the manufacturer decides to reduce it... :-)

So the seller is liable for warranty on equipment?
That would seem to discourage small business in a big way.
I sure as heck wouldn't want to be liable every time the manuf of a
product made a screw up that didn't reveal itself until after 90days or
even a year.
How does this play out? I can't even fathom it.