Subject: RE: Archos sending out refurbished units as new?
From: Holger Lembke (
Date: 2003-04-01

> So the seller is liable for warranty on equipment?

It is this way for ages... Last year we raised the liablility time from 6
month to 2 years.

It works, the customers have big advantages (i think) and the sellers don't
complain, because all have the same 'problem' and only quality products

> That would seem to discourage small business in a big way.

Only if you try to sell products that are rubish. :-)

No, its not that big deal, because on the other hand, the seller is a
buyer, too. He buys his products from a wholesale dealer and has the same
warranty (not by law, but by contract).

Holger Lembke    Keep your Mailbox SPAM free:
+49-531-334676   Disruptor OL