Subject: Re: Archos sending out refurbished units as new?
From: Chris Houghten (
Date: 2003-04-01

Yes and no. I am not a lawyer, so it would be better to ask them, but
basically, if there is some kind of warranty law, the government does not
automatically and actively enforce it. So, if you wish, you can take them to
court, but are you as an individual going to take a company to court and pay
for a lawyer and other court costs for a $250 device??? I am sure the
companies that sell more expensive items like automobiles are more careful
about following the guidelines.