Subject: re:Archos fm recorder-recording features
From: Naren Rao (
Date: 2003-04-01

ive been interested in buying an archos player and since my roomie swears
by rockbox(he has a archos 6000) ive been getting upto date on your work
here. (awesome job by the way). from the faq, mailing list i gathered that
work had started, but i thought the daily builds were not yet addressing
recording and fm areas on the archos fm recorder. Counter to this i came
acoss a review on of the above player that stated that rockboc
was used and worked great with recording. (i guess he could have meant
rebooting the orignal firmware just for recording),

so i finally reach my question, does the daily build support or plan
to support fm and
recording features for the archos fm recorder?
and ive read on the faq about booting archos firmware to record on the
archos recorder, but noticed positives in both coloumns for recording in
the Firmware Feature Comparison Chart. Does this mean rockbox-1.4-recorder
supports recording without booting the original firmware?

please dont consider this to be a cry for more, i factor rockbox as part
of my comparisons, just abit confused on what is finally envisioned for
rockbox and what its actual capabilities are.

Last question :) , Those of you who own archos products, are you still
satisfied after a year?

to all those who took the time to read this, thank you and i will
appreciate any responses you have