Subject: Recording and Xing headers
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (
Date: 2003-04-02

I have now committed an improvement for the recording. We now
automatically generate a Xing header with a correct byte count and frame
count for the recorded files if the recording is shorter than approx. 3
hours and 45 minutes. If it is longer than that, the average bitrate
will still be reported as 0 kbit/s until you run VBRFix on the file.

Q: So when do you run VBRFix?
A: When you have recorded a file longer than 3:45, and/or when you want
the TOC to be correct (for more accurate seeking in the file).

I have yet to add the possibility to add a Xing header to a file with no
room for it. This means that older recordings can't be VBRFixed yet.