Subject: Re: disappearing .rockbox, switchable power-saving mode
From: Owen Kalau (
Date: 2003-04-03

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, [iso-8859-1] Björn Stenberg wrote:

> Owen Kalau wrote:
> > How difficult would it be to have this setting configurable once more?
> Not very, but I'm not convinced that's your problem. Not another soul has reported a problem with the power-save code, and neither did you while you had the option of toggling it.

I had no problems while it was still configurable, because I always
turned the power saving mode off.

When the power saving mode became available, I tried it out, but found
that it made skipping too slow for me. I turned the option off, and had
no further problems.

Now that this is no longer a configurable option, I have to use an old
build (where it still is configurable), or put up with the slowness.

I'm using cvs-030312, with power-saving mode off. If I use cvs-030313,
which has power-saving permanently on, i notice the slowness once more.

> Can you build the code? Comment out line 110 in firmware/thread.c to test if the cpu sleep is really what's causing your problem.

I'll try that today. Thanks for the help.