Subject: RE: For a patch, what file name format do you use?
From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyer_at_gci.com)
Date: 2003-04-04

> For a patch I'm writing, I'd like to know, from as many
> persons on this list as would be willing to reply, what file
> name format(s) you use.
>
> For example, I use the format:
> [digit]digit- title -- album [- composer ]- artist.mp3
> An example is:
> 01- Contrapunctus I -- The Art of the Fugue - Johann
> Sebastian Bach - Lynn Ziegler, organ.mp3
>
> The digits are the track number. For albums with fewer than
> 10 tracks, only a single digit is used, thus the optional
> first digit.

As much as possible I use the following format:

Artist [- Composer ] - Album - 0digit - Title.mp3

Where 0digit means I always 0-prefix single digits (so they sort
correctly)

In some instances I substitue the Artist with the composer (where it
makes sense) as in the following example

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Amadeus Original Soundtrack Recording - 09 -
Symphonie Concertaine K. 364 1st movement.mp3

  • application/x-pkcs7-signature attachment: smime.p7s