Subject: Re: A-JBR-FM-20
From: Mike Holden (
Date: 2003-04-04

Blue Chip said:
> Hi,
> I have a couple of questions, hopefully I have not missed this info in
> some obvious place!
> Both question (as the subject implies) are with regard explicity to the
> FM Recorder 20.
> 1) What batteries does it take - are they easy enough to replace - are
> there any photos anywhere?
> (honestly, that's only 1 question ;) )

They are only apparently available from Archos, but it seems they refuse
to ship them on safety grounds - go figure!

> 2) Does the headphone socket have this "fourth pin for data" - if so
> what work has been done so far on a remote control for it? Ie. can we
> actually sense data on this pin in software?

Linus now has an FM, but so far I haven't seen much in the way of
information release - I guess he is a busy bloke! (this is not a
criticism!) The official Archos remote advertised on their website
specifically says only suitable for player and non-FM recorder models.

Mike Holden