Subject: Re: Regarding installation of Rockbox

Re: Regarding installation of Rockbox

From: TP Diffenbach <rockbox_at_diffenbach.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 17:32:52 -0500

Quoting Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>:

> > 5. If I install the Rockbox Firmware will I be able to revert
> back to the
> > old Archos Firmware and how can I do that?
>
> Just remove the rockbox firmware file.

Or, if you wish, get a copy of the Archos firmware from www.archos.com,
give it a different name but keep the .mod/.ajz extension, and Rockbox can load the Archos firmware when you browse to it in the directory list and press play.

To revert to the Rockbox firmware, simply turn off the player and reboot.

Note that it appears that the Archos unit loads the first firmware file it finds in the root directory where the file name STARTS with "ajbrec.ajz" -- so if the Archos firmware is in root and starts with that string, it may be loaded instead of the replacement firmware.

--
Archos FM needs a Rockbox!