Subject: I know not Rockbox--but is *anyone* working on the Multimedia?
From: Steve Petersen (
Date: 2003-04-05

Hey folks,

First, thanks for your efforts--open firmware for this stuff is a great

I saw some postings in the archives on the hardware for the Jukebox
Multimedia, I know it's a different project, but is *anyone* working on
it? Or should I return it now? I foolishly assumed that it would mount
as a usb-storage device just like the Studio 20. (I foolishly bought
*that* assuming the "line in" had some purpose--I need to be able to

I'm not a developer and can't do it myself, and I need an mp3 player
that will record *and* is compatible with linux. I like the other
features of the Multimedia, and would like to keep it if it will soon be
linux-compatible. Otherwise, I should trade it in for an Archos
Recorder, I guess. <sigh>

Thanks again for all your work!