Subject: Re: AJBR 20 disassembly -- I'm stuck
From: Eric Woudenberg, Editor (
Date: 2003-04-07

Hi Michael,

>Which web instructions? Can you provide a URL and where you are stuck,
>relative to that page?

Thanks. I started here (but I'm working on an AJBR20 and these plans
are for taking apart an AJB6000):

The first difference is that I have 6 "tabs" where the top board is
soldered to the frame plus two solder connections on the end, near the
microphone (holding the top board to the side board). I have removed
all that solder and those spots now move freely.

The second difference is that it says "carefully lift the top board
while pushing down the CPU board below it". In my case, the USB
connector on the end keeps the two boards stuck together. I can look
inside and see that the 40 pin connector is nearly apart -- that's not
what's holding them both together.

I have removed the solder from the two tabs that (I think) anchor the
USB connector to the top board, but that is apparently not enough. I
think the trick must be to desolder the USB connector from the
bottom. Has anyone else taken an AJBR20 apart?