Subject: Re: Random numbers et al
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-04-08

Blue Chip wrote:
> ...yes, this was the bit I was suggesting could be optimised!?

Do you feel that Rockbox is sluggish? And if so, do you know that it is
sluggish because of those libraries?

We use those libraries because they are well-tested and they work. They
are "stolen" from Newlib.

Regarding the random algorithm, we use the Mersenne Twister because
people complained about our (very lame) random generator in the past. We
ended up using the twister because it works and it is good.

Now you complain that it is too complex, too slow and too big. Well, we
can't satisfy all of you, sorry.

/Linus