Subject: power supply/charger considerations
From: José M. Fandiño (ajbr20_at_fadesa.es)
Date: 2003-04-08

Hello,

 A month ago I commented a problem with the ajbr20 and the power supply
which wasn't sufficient to keep the archos continually running for
extended periods of time. Fortunately changing the p.s. for a more
powerfull one helps to aleviate this.

 Now the question, I've got a switched and established power supply (9V/1A).
As some of you know a switched ps doesn't provide the galvanic isolation
that a transform has and each time I plug the USB connector in the ajbr20
I can see little sparks where the connector touches the surface of the
ajbr20. So, how dangerous is this for the unit? Can I safely use a
switched ps or is it recomendable to use a no-switched ps?

thank you.