Subject: RE: [ rockbox-Bugs-716839 ] Delay when ff/rew

RE: [ rockbox-Bugs-716839 ] Delay when ff/rew

From: Andreas Stemmer <Andreas.Stemmer_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 21:46:22 +0200

Björn Stenberg wrote:

> Yes. Technically, there are two things that kill track skipping speed:
>
> 1) Bit swapping.
>
> 2) ID3 tags.

I understand that skipping to the next track takes some time. But when I
want to skip from track 1 to track 4, why is it necessary to bitswap
track 2 & 3 and read the id3 tags in them?
At the moment, if I press the forward button three times at track 1, the
id3 tags of track 2 and 3 are displayed for a short time before track 4
starts.