Subject: Re: [ rockbox-Bugs-701356 ] Power Save feature kills playlist playback
From: Mike Holden (rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net)
Date: 2003-04-09

SourceForge.net said:
> Bugs item #701356, was opened at 2003-03-11 07:27
> Message generated for change (Comment added) made by zagor
> You can respond by visiting:
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=439118&aid=701356&group_id=44306
>
> Category: MP3 playback
> Group: Release 1.4
>
> Initial Comment:
> When the power save option is enabled a playlist will
> not play past the 1st song. The first song plays until
> around the last 20 secs then the drive spins up, music
> stops, and the next songs is selected. However, no
> sound is present. If you disable power save this function
> works correctly.
>
> Unit is a Jukebox FM Recorder (JBR FM)
> version is CVS-030223

>>Comment By: Bjorn Stenberg (zagor)
> Date: 2003-04-09 14:29
>
> Message:
> Logged In: YES
> user_id=1157
>
> The power save option was not available in 1.4.

> You can respond by visiting:
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=439118&aid=701356&group_id=44306

The report specifically says CVS-030223, even though the "headlines" say
1.4. I suspect this is the silent play problem yet again.

See my recent post to this list for a fix for this. I've used it today,
and not had a single "silent play" incident. I can post an actual patch
tonight, but it's literally 2 lines of code added to file.c to set file->
values before the premature exit.

--
Mike Holden