Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: Turn on/off with car?

Re: Turn on/off with car?

From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 01:44:53 +0200

Hello Brian,

Brian Rodgers wrote on Thursday, April 10, 2003, 12:35:40 AM:

BR> My car's cigarette lighter goes on and off with the ignition.
BR> Would it be at all possible for Rockbox to have a mode in which
BR> when the power from the adapter is removed, it shuts down (or
BR> pauses) the unit? And would it then be possible for it to know
BR> when the power comes back, and turn it back on and resume
BR> automatically? This could be part of a "car mode" setting that
BR> you'd be able to easily toggle on and off thanks to the nice .cfg
BR> system.

You could solder a connector to the "ON" key and then connect it to a
Relais (how is this called in english?) or transistor circuit which is
powered through the cigarette lighter output. The same for the OFF
key. Of course, you have to open the AJB for this mod... Hm, what's
with the remote control for the AJB? I don't have one, but I think it
cannot switch the AJB on/off (one could solder the relais to the
remote). :(

Sorry, I think there's no easier possibility.

Bye, Uwe.