Subject: Re: Frequency as it relates to recording quality
From: Chris Holt (amiga2k_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-04-10

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:27:18 -0400, David Reis wrote:

>Can anyone give me some quick details on how the frequency affects the
>recording quality.
>

>Thanks,
>Bubba

Although "quick details" borders on being an oxymoron, I'll give it a
shot. :)

To put it simply, it's a matter of resolution. Your digital recording
process samples the waveform X number of times per second, and the
frequency of the sampling determines the highest frequency that can be
captured. Frequencies higher than a little below half the sampling rate
"fall between the cracks", as the waveform peaks end up occurring between
samples.

Chris