Subject: Re: Rockbox manual
From: Mike Holden (
Date: 2003-04-10

Brian Wolven said:
> Eric Woudenberg, Editor wrote:
>> 1) Running it through a spell checker would be good
>> (e.g. License is spelled incorrectly as "Licence")
> I think this is the accepted UK spelling. Who wants to argue about
> English vs. American English? Let's just make all the docs in Swedish to
> avoid that issue. =)

In English (as spoken here in England!), both licence and license are
correct words. One is a noun (object) and the other is a verb (action).

We have a driving licenCe (a piece of paper allowing you to drive: noun -
physical object).

You would licenSe a shop to sell alcohol (verb - action or activity)

Mike Holden